Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Previous Post

I must issue an apology for the previous post that has now been removed from this page. I wrote that out of frustration and anger, and it was those feelings and my own selfish prde that were clouding my view of the place to which God has called me. For those of you who read that post, I would ask your forgiveness for the negative tone that I communicated through my anger.
God has recently been teaching me a great deal about anger. Interestingly enough, He has used our dog and the wisdom of my wife to reveal to me that I struggle with this issue more than I would like to admit. Some of you may be reading this thinking that I must be the last one on earth to come to this conclusion about myself, and you are probably right. This morning I looked at a few verses dealing with the issue of anger:
Proverbs 14:29 "He who is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who is quick-tempered exalts folly."
Proverbs 22:24,25 "Do not associate with a man given to anger; or go with a hot-tempered man, or you will learn his ways and find a snare for yourself."
Colossians 3:8 "But now, you also, put them all aside: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and abusive speech from your mouth."
James 1:19,20 "This you know, my beloved bretheren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger. For the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God."
Needless to say, I was quite convicted after reading these verses.
So in case you were wondering where the last post went, it has been deleted.
-this is me-

1 comment:

Patrick Rhamey said...

just because God put you in a place doesn't mean that you should either have to enjoy it, nor that you should stay there.